Computer Repair Shop Technician
Seeking computer repair technician to work in our computer shop located in Merrimac, MA.
- repair computers
- answer phones
- travel some to fix computers at customer locations north of Boston
Must have reliable car and cell phone. Professional phone and customer service skills. At least four years PC desktop and laptop repair experience. Experience must be within the last six months.
We’re looking for part-time help. Monday through Friday, early afternoon to early evening hours.
Send resume and desired hourly pay rate to jobs@VisitingGeeks.com. Please, no phone calls.
We facilitate background and reference checks and drug screening.
This is a temp-to-permanent, part-time position.
We're looking for a few awesome Geeks and Geekettes!
*~*~You must live in one of the North Shore communities of Boston*~*~
Visiting Geeks provides mobile technical support for home users, home offices and small businesses. We travel north of Route 128 through southern New Hampshire and Maine.
Most calls are for Windows desktop support, small network environment, broadband, wireless and security.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Availability during the day. If you do not have at least two business days available between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., please do not apply.
- You must be professional and presentable.
- You must be good with people and ENJOY working with them.
- You must be motivated and reliable.
- Be willing and able to travel to different parts of the North Shore, Southern NH and Southern Maine.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in many areas of computing. You'll need to be sharp. We value hands-on experience over book smarts and tons of certifications; although both are ideal.
- A minimum of five years hands-on computer troubleshooting experience, ideally in a similar capacity or from a Fortune 1000 desktop/networking environment.
- MAC, Solaris and Linux experience a big plus.
You must have your own tools, software, external drives, etc. Specialized equipment will be provided if needed.
- You must have a wireless phone
How To Apply
Please email resume and detailed information about yourself. Tell us what you know
and present references of clients or employers you have worked for.
Please include your requirements for compensation.
Pay is based on experience and billable time. This role is for several part-time positions that'll expand into full-time positions, if desired, as business continues to bloom.
Customer appointments are from 8 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday and 8 am to 2 pm on Saturdays. Your availability and flexibility are key to your earning potential. If you like morning or weekend or afternoon hours, etc., we can work something out for the right person.
We try to provide a supportive and positive work environment. You should enjoy what you are doing and who you work with. If you are looking for this type of place to work, please email us. Please do not call. Email is the best way for future Visiting Geeks to contact us. We need to keep the phones clear for customers.
*****Word of Caution*****
We check references, and facilitate background checks and drug testing on everyone, including our administrative staff.
People invite us into their homes and they need us to be: professional, safe, honest, presentable and friendly.
All applicants will be contacted after submission of all information including: resume, personal letter and pay requirements. We're looking for outstanding people. Topnotch computer skills and customer service ability are of utmost importance to us.